Modify the settings for your Visual Matrix system.
Date and Time
Enter your system's default language and date format. Select a day for your business-week to begin.
- Select default financial settings from the dropdown menus.
- Enter the default currency and currency code.
- Select a Forfeit Code for deposits. By default, the forfeit code is FD because a forfeited deposit is a room revenue.
- Enter the percent of the deposits that guests will forfeit. Set to 100% to keep entire deposits.
- The 2nd Code For Refund Over Amount is the maximum amount that users can post as refunds; if users try to refund greater than this amount, they will be prompted to enter supervisor credentials.
- The next five dropdowns deal with report settings. Select the default comparison criteria from the Budget Comparison and Financial Comparison dropdowns.
- Select whether or not to hide month-to-date and year-to-date revenue totals from your hotel’s staff with Suppress MTD/YTD. This especially affects how your sales force views their results. You may also want to hide these results from front desk staff.
- Affect the report display by percentage or dollar amounts.
- Select a Forecast Comparison. An occupancy snapshot (Occ. Snapshot) is a forecast rendered from your property’s current occupancy. The prior year is an actual forecast; it is not a projected forecast like the occupancy snapshot.
Room Revenue Distribution: Select On to display the revenue breakdown for guest charges. (E.g., if breakfast is included in the guest’s rate, having room revenue distribution on will illicit that breakdown.
Owner Statements: Select On to create statements for individual owners of properties.
Check which days will acquire weekend-rate attributes. For example, in the image above, guests who make reservations on a Friday will pay a weekend rate rather than a weekday rate.
Sensitive Data Purge Settings
Enter the data purging parameters you will use for your system. After these number of days will the system delete guest information.
Set the default parameters for your system next to each field.
Check Active to activate corporate reporting. Enter the destination in the top URL. The bottom URL is the key to automatically upgrading your Visual Matrix software.
Check any of the boxes in Required Fields to forbid front desk staff from completing reservations without that information.