Set up room types in the Room Type Configuration tab that you will be able to assign to rooms in the Room Setup window.
To demonstrate the ease with which you can configure room types in Visual Matrix, this guide will set up a handicap, non-smoking, queen room.
- Click .
- Enter the Room Type.
- Enter a Description.
- Select Yes or No to include the room in the occupancy report.
- Enter an Overbook Percentage, if applicable.
- Select an Accounting Code.
- RC(*) is a common Room Charge code.
- Enter the furniture to be put in the room in the Sofa, Single, Double, Queen, and King fields.
- Enter the Default Guests count. Visual Matrix will assume this many guests will stay for this room type when booking a reservation, unless that number is modified on the Reservations screen.
- Enter the Report Order, if applicable. This affects the order in which the Availability screen displays the room types.
- Enter the Report Order in ascending numerical order, starting with 1.
- If this field is left blank for each room type, the Availability screen displays the room types in the order that you entered them into Visual Matrix.
- Check Active to make the room available for setting up rooms.